Michelle Sayles is a cartoonist, illustrator, and community organizer based in Burlington, VT. Her art and collaborative projects aim to shine a light on environmental and social justice issues at a local and global scale. She has created works of graphic journalism, large-scale comic art, community murals, political cartoons, and posters to inspire critical awareness of the world we live in.
Sayles was selected as a finalist in the 2015 Segunda Llamada International Poster Competition, and her artwork was featured in the 2015 Haymarket People’s Fund member drive. Recent projects include co-publishing a community newspaper that raises awareness about universal health care, environmental justice, affordable communities, and the impacts of gentrification.
Want to collaborate or share your ideas? Contact the artist at email@example.com
- 2016 – Najawa, A Story of Palestine, Bread & Puppet Theater, Glover, VT
- 2016 – Rendering Justice, The Wellness Co-op, Burlington, VT
- 2016 – Najawa, A Story of Palestine, Fletcher Free Library, Burlington, VT
- United Sludge-Free Alliance: www.usludgefree.org/
- Berks Gas Truth: www.gastruth.org/
- Vermont Workers’ Center: www.workerscenter.org/
- Stop the F35 Coalition: www.stopthef35.com/
- Vermonters for a Just Peace in Palestine/Israel: www.vtjp.org